Merrifield Animal Hospital offers boarding for dogs and cats so that you can leave your pet in total comfort at our full service kennel. Download our pet boarding form here & Download our Camp Merrifield camper evaluation form here.
At Merrifield Animal Hospital, we try to make your pet's vacation a special occasion. We know the decision to board your pet can be an anxious time for you and your special friend.
Our boarding facility provides a comfortable and relaxing home away from home for your pet when you need to be away on business, vacation or an emergency.
We pay special attention to assure your pet is safe and comfortable.
- Standard Kennel — Great for one dog
- Deluxe Kennel with Run — Our larger, deluxe option (perfect for multi-pet families!) features a raised cot and leash walks 3x per day
- Standard Cage
- Cat Condo (multi-level, with cubbies to hide in)
*Bedding and food provided, and we have everything that your pet could need/want!
- "Stay and Play" Package
- Camp Merrifield Doggie Daycare add-on includes group or individual play, depending on pet's temperament. (Download our Camp Merrifield Doggie Daycare Agreement Form here)
- Spa Treatments— Let us pamper your pet before he/she goes home
- Nail Trim
- Ear Cleaning
- While here, check in with our staff about upcoming vaccination due dates
- Pets with Special Medical Needs Welcome (extra medication administration fee applies, please call ahead to schedule a free medical boarding drop off appointment during our regular business hours between 8 am - 6 pm. This ensures that your pet's medication is organized, and we have a full understanding of their needs.)
|Our boarding guests enjoy the following amenities:|
|We also offer peace of mind:|
Boarding Requirements & Policies
- A healthy pet exam by one of our veterinarians is required annually for all patients up to 7 years old, and semi-annually for patients 8 years and older, or with medical conditions that require medications. This allows us to provide the most thorough and thoughtful care for your pet while they are staying in our boarding facility.
- Dogs must be current on the following vaccines – Rabies, Distemper, and Bordetella, as well as a 6-month Fecal Test.
- Cats must be current on the following vaccines – Rabies, Distemper (FVRCP), and Feline Aids/Leukemia (FIV/FeLV) Tests, as well as a 6-month Fecal Test.
- All pets must be free from Internal and External Parasites.
- All pets must be on a monthly flea preventative. If your pet has not had an application of flea preventative applied within the last 4 weeks, we will need to apply one upon arrival. Pets entering the hospital with external parasites (fleas or ticks) will be treated appropriately at the owner's expense.
- Checkout time is 12:00 pm (noon) Monday through Saturday. If you pick up your pet after 12:00 pm, you will be charged for an additional day of boarding.
Boarding Drop Off / Pick Up Hours
We offer convenient drop-off and pick-up times to fit your busy schedule
Monday–Friday: 8am - 6pm
Saturday: 8am - 2pm
Please feel free to email your pet’s medical history to email@example.com. Requirements have to be verified by our office prior to confirming your pet’s boarding stay with us. We look forward to your pet’s vacation!